• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

kbjesq

kbjesq

Fix typo

11 hours ago, Simon Lewinson said:

Likewise... What are you trying to say?

My impression is that the point being asserted is that this whole "A2 Milk" situation was contrived by marketers as a way to make more money. I assume that this special new milk does cost more than regular old milk?

Personally, even though I grew up on a farm with a Jersey cow that lived in our neighbor's pasture and was never subjected to anything  worse than, once in a great while, a rotten tomato being thrown at her for fun, I just don't like cow milk or meat. Goat milk is OK. I'm not sure why because we milked both animals the same way (by hand), & I grew up assisting in that task so I'm not sure what it is about the cow juice that turns me off but boy it sure does. I just don't like the way it looks, smells, or the way it feels on my palate. I especially dislike the taste. It tastes really greasy to me. Maybe this was because our neighbor always had a Jersey cow and those cows are well known to have a high percentage of butter fat in their milk.  I dunno 

kbjesq

kbjesq

5 hours ago, Simon Lewinson said:

Likewise... What are you trying to say?

My impression is that the point being asserted is that this whole "A2 Milk" situation was contrived by marketers as a way to make more money. I assume that this special new milk does cost more than regular old milk?

Personally, even though I grew up on a farm with a Jersey cow that lived in our neighbor's pasture and was never subjected to anything  worse than, once in a great while, a rotten tomato being thrown at her for fun, I just don't like cow milk or meat. Goat milk is OK. I'm not sure why because we milked both animals the same way (by hand), & I grew up assisting in that task so I'm not sure what it is about the cow juice that turns me off but boy it sure does. I just don't like the way it looks, smells, or the way it feels on my palate. I especially dislike the taste. It's tastes really greasy to me. Maybe this was because our neighbor always had a jersey cow and those cows are well known to have a high percentage of butter fat in their milk.  I dunno