• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

I remember that deed to land up North but I thought it was a square inch in the Yukon. In any case, they took it back some years later.

PS I found this is from Wikipedia: It appeared in newspapers around the country.

"Get a real deed to one square inch of land in the Yukon gold rush country" and, "You'll actually own one square inch of Yukon land".[1] The promotion was tied to the Sergeant Preston of the Yukon radio show which Quaker Oats was sponsoring at the time."

and this:  

"Due to $37.20 in back taxes, the land was repossessed by the Canadian government in 1965, and the Great Klondike Big Inch Land Company dissolved in 1966. The land is now part of the Dawson City Golf Course.

To this day, Yukon officials receive letters and phone calls about the deeds. The land office of the Yukon currently contains an 18-inch thick file folder of correspondence regarding the promotion."

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

I remember that deed to land up North but I thought it was a square inch in the Yukon. In any cane, they took it back some years later.

PS I found this is from Wikipedia: It appeared in newspapers around the country.

"Get a real deed to one square inch of land in the Yukon gold rush country" and, "You'll actually own one square inch of Yukon land".[1] The promotion was tied to the Sergeant Preston of the Yukon radio show which Quaker Oats was sponsoring at the time."

and this:  

"Due to $37.20 in back taxes, the land was repossessed by the Canadian government in 1965, and the Great Klondike Big Inch Land Company dissolved in 1966. The land is now part of the Dawson City Golf Course.

To this day, Yukon officials receive letters and phone calls about the deeds. The land office of the Yukon currently contains an 18-inch thick file folder of correspondence regarding the promotion."

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

I remember that deed to land up North but I thought it was a square inch in the Yukon. In any cane, they took it back some years later.PS I found this is from Wikipedia: It appeared in newspapers around the country.

and this:  

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

I remember that deed to land up North but I thought it was a square inch in the Yukon. In any cane, they took it back some years later.PS I found this is from Wikipedia: It appeared in newspapers around the country.

"Get a real deed to one square inch of land in the Yukon gold rush country" and, "You'll actually own one square inch of Yukon land".[1] The promotion was tied to the Sergeant Preston of the Yukon radio show which Quaker Oats was sponsoring at the time.

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

I remember that deed to land up North but I thought it was a square inch in the Yukon. In any cane, they took it back some years later. This is from Wikipedia: It appeared in newspapers around the country.

"Get a real deed to one square inch of land in the Yukon gold rush country" and, "You'll actually own one square inch of Yukon land".[1] The promotion was tied to the Sergeant Preston of the Yukon radio show which Quaker Oats was sponsoring at the time.

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

I remember that deed to land up North but I thought it was a square inch in the Yukon. In any cane, they took it back some years later.