• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Recipe request - duck breast with cabbage, apple and dumplings

con delight

I think what you are probably talking about is Duck Breast with Red Cabbage and Spaetzle - which may be Czech but also quite common in Germany I believe (spaetzle is a specialty there). I would try searching for the dish/recipe by that name or look for recipes for the component parts ... i.e. Duck Breast, Red Cabbage with Apples, Spaetzle.  

You can make your own spaetzle 'by hand' very easily or you can buy it dry and just boil it up like pasta. I prefer the first option as I think it is much more authentic and delicious but ymmv.

Edited by Deryn (log)
  • Like 2

Thank you!

Found this recipe : http://www.emperorscrumbs.com/roasted-duck-with-red-cabbage-and-czech-dumplings/

and it does sound quite the same as what you describe, and I will definitely make it by hand (one of the reasons, as far as I know, is we don't have it in my country)

Thanks again!

• Like 2