• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

keychris

keychris

3 hours ago, pastrygirl said:

Yes, commercial dishwashers are not usually recommended for chocolate molds.  They have high heat, harsh chemicals, or both!

It's interesting that Kris Harvey in an instagram story question just a couple of days ago recommended washing chocolate moulds in "high heat dishwasher". I Just rinse mine off with hot tap water then polish when they're dry. I know that at the school I occasionally attend they used to wash all their moulds in the dishwasher however now they're all done by hand.

keychris

keychris

3 hours ago, pastrygirl said:

Yes, commercial dishwashers are not usually recommended for chocolate molds.  They have high heat, harsh chemicals, or both!

It's interesting that Kris Harvey in an instagram story question just a couple of days ago recommended washing chocolate moulds in "high heat dishwasher". I Just rinse mine off with hot tap water then polish when they're dry. I know that at the school I attend occasionally they used to wash all their moulds in the dishwasher however now they're all done by hand.