• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

andiesenji

andiesenji

19 hours ago, Anna N said:

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Kerry Beal and I were doing a little thrift store shopping this morning and ran across this.  We are very curious about it as it does not appear to be cast iron.  Anyone? Please do not tell us it is worth a fortune because we left it there in the thrift store xD

It is cast iron, one of the nickel-plated ones.  This one with a "slant" logo, earlier than the "large block" logo.  Introduced 1905 and used until 1920.  The heat ring shows it is an earlier one, the smooth bottom introduced in 1914. 

They are not as desirable to collectors as the plain cast iron and sell for much less. 

The one you found is worth about $10.00

GR.Erie Plated 8 SLANT-SM:.jpg

GR.Erie Plated 8 SLANT1-SM:.jpg

andiesenji

andiesenji

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Kerry Beal and I were doing a little thrift store shopping this morning and ran across this.  We are very curious about it as it does not appear to be cast iron.  Anyone? Please do not tell us it is worth a fortune because we left it there in the thrift store xD

It is cast iron, one of the nickel-plated ones.  This one with a "slant" logo, earlier than the "large block" logo.  Introduced 1905 and used until 1920.  The heat ring shows it is an earlier one, the smooth bottom introduced in 1914. 

They are not as desirable to collectors as the plain cast iron and sell for much less. 

andiesenji

andiesenji

image.jpegimage.jpeg

andiesenji

andiesenji

image.jpegimage.jpeg

It is cast iron, one of the nickel-plated ones.  This one with a "slant" logo, earlier than the "large block" logo.  Introduced 1905 and used until 1920.  The heat ring shows it is an earlier one, the smooth bottom introduced in 1909. 

andiesenji

andiesenji

image.jpegimage.jpeg

It is cast iron, one of the nickel-plated ones.  This one with a "slant" logo, earlier than the "large block" logo.  Introduced 1905 and used until 1920.  The heat ring shows it is an earlier one, the smooth bottom introduced in 1909. 

HPIM5986.JPG

HPIM5988.JPG

No.8 Plated Slant skillet.JPG