• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Deryn

Deryn

I recently gave a brand new SodaStream (was about 7 months old, purchased for a one night visit my daughter made last year but it had never been used) to my neighbour for her grandkids. I had inserted the CO2 container unfortunately but it was still making noises when the top was pressed. However it was soon evident that when the seal is broken, leakage occurs. I felt badly that the unit didn't 'deliver' the carbonation as promised so I went out and purchased another CO2 unit and several very large flavour bottles - and the cost came to nearly what I paid new for the unit. The 'accessories' that make the gadget work as advertised are not cheap. I am not sure that the plastic container that houses the CO2 bottle is worth too much more than what you paid to be honest (unless the cartridge was never inserted) - but I hope you enjoy it.  

Deryn

Deryn

I recently gave a brand new SodaStream (was about 7 months old, purchased for a one night visit my daughter made last year but it had never been used) to my neighbour for her grandkids. I had inserted the CO2 container unfortunately but it was still making noises when the top was pressed. However it was soon evident that when the seal is broken, leakage occurs. I felt badly that the unit didn't 'deliver' the carbonation as promised so I went out and purchased another CO2 unit and several very large flavour bottles - and the cost came to nearly what I paid new for the unit. The 'accessories' that make the gadget work as advertised are not cheap. I am not sure that the plastic container that houses the CO2 bottle is worth too much more than what you paid to be honest - but I hope you enjoy it.