• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Wok Carts?

Paul Bacino

Does anyone know , who might sell portable wok carts.. with a built in burner or two and a back splash. I dont want a tri-pod set up!!

I want something I can use on my deck outside!!

Curious?

Paul

Like this?

7420492606_3dca7c8922.jpg

Edited by Paul Bacino (log)

Its good to have Morels

Town Food makes a great one, but it's quite expensive (around $3k, I believe). See the second item on

http://townfood.com/ranges_mobile.html

Sometimes Asian markets / stores will sell really low-end ones

I haven't personally found anything great in the middle tier quality wise. What about just taking a metal food-service cart, and then putting a propane based wok burner on top (the burners like the ones in the picture above can be found for around $50-150 US). That's basically what it looks like that cart is.

Edited by Will (log)

Wind damper and If I put it on my deck near hand rail it would keep splatter away..

btw. I wouldnt have that tall a burner Chris.. its an example!!

But you know your right!!

I'm wondering if I could use a S/S work table and mount a burner.. removable too!!

Edited by Paul Bacino (log)

Its good to have Morels