• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Britain's Best Dish, the Chefs

Only just started on ITV this Monday. The series has got off to a cracking start with three Michelin starred chefs already featuring.

The quality of the recipes seems very high indeed and I am looking forward to trying out some straight away, in an attempt to expand my limited cookery skills.

All in all I think there are 112 chefs taking part, and a book is available from Amazon from 7th November.

Jon Howe, from Lumiere, who's food I ate last week features in December. I will be trying out his recipe, no doubt.

You can watch the previous episodes on I Player. Its on Monday to Friday at 5pm.

Some info here

"So many places, so little time"

http://londoncalling...blogspot.co.uk/

@d_goodfellow1

there are ways around the i-player issue, but you have to look into that for yourself.

that being said, compared to Great British Menu I found this show both rude and mean.

the cure card girl was intrusive to the chefs as they were completing their dishes, and the panel amongst themselves were mean and nasty.

it too bad what look like fine chefs subject themselves to this for the added TV attention

and that attention can end up being very lucrative for them in a very competitive industry.

Sat Bain who did a sous vide yolk for an appetizer 'bacon and eggs' took that dish to the banquet on the other show and later said it became a massive money maker for him as it was easy to do and inexpensive.

good for him.

this show is plain f00d p0rn. no reason some might like it, but it is what it is

:wacko: