• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Trotter's and Trio lately

Steve Plotnicki

What more could one ask for. :smile:

Steak.

I send a nice Curry Steak your way Jin! :biggrin:

No thanks, Suvir.

However I would love to have your fried okra and many other dishes.

But the infamous curry "steak" shall ne'er be on my plate.

"I've caught you Richardson, stuffing spit-backs in your vile maw. 'Let tomorrow's omelets go empty,' is that your fucking attitude?" -E. B. Farnum

"Behold, I teach you the ubermunch. The ubermunch is the meaning of the earth. Let your will say: the ubermunch shall be the meaning of the earth!" -Fritzy N.

"It's okay to like celery more than yogurt, but it's not okay to think that batter is yogurt."

Serving fine and fresh gratuitous comments since Oct 5 2001, 09:53 PM

steve:  i've tried bad stage make-up to convince those restaurant-operating folks that i am indeed older than i am, but it usually just ends up with me being cast as an extra in "les miserables."  if only i could get a 401k right now. . .

You seem to be doing fine.

Maybe your being treated differently is the very reason you are a whiff of fresh air....

It would be far less magical if you had the same experiences as everyone else... What would we do?

Enjoy being treated as you are now.. for very soon.. you shall be treated differently.. and then, who knows.. you may miss this... and again, you may not..

But let that all be a surprise.

But keep posting.. You wrote beautifully here... And I thank you for being generous with your sharing of your experiences. I am sure many others think the same.. and wish you well. :smile:

I am sure many others think the same.. and wish you well.

Uh oh, except for one person. I heard through the grapevine that Charlie Trotter is personally searching for Mr Regime to settle things man to man. Could get ugly.... :smile:

Alll kidding aside - I'll treat you to Trotters when you're in town next and we'll have our debate live during dinner, hows that? :smile:

I am sure many others think the same.. and wish you well.

Uh oh, except for one person. I heard through the grapevine that Charlie Trotter is personally searching for Mr Regime to settle things man to man. Could get ugly.... :smile:

Alll kidding aside - I'll treat you to Trotters when you're in town next and we'll have our debate live during dinner, hows that? :smile:

And will you fly me from NYC to be the impartial judge?

How is that for being generous? I shall make sure I do not take any catering assignment that night.:wink:

awbrig: you see, i'm a poor, starving college student, and i'm just as liable to take you up on your offer because, remember, i'm just as capricious as the next guy or girl, i.e., if you have reservations this weekend, i'd be in chicago this weekend with a lobster bib around my neck, ready to eat. but what if, during the eleventh hour of our meal, i repent and become a sudden convert to the trotter religion? would all be forgiven? would i ascend to his and your gustatory heaven?

"i see the light. . ."

"Get yourself in trouble."

--Chuck Close

And will you fly me from NYC to be the impartial judge?

I dont know how to fly and am not properly licensed...

I was not implying you charter a lear jet and be the pilot.

I would be happy seeing you save money and fly my plain ole business class on United. Will save you muco money... and we can use that to go eat desserts after CT in several other restaurants...

Let me know when you are sending the ticket.. and let Ballast know as well..

We will show up.. all ready to get converted... to the CT sect of religion. :smile:

All seriousness, Suvir come out to Chicago and we'll head out to a few places...trips to NY - Chicago cant be much...

Are you saying you are flying me for sure?

Yippie! :smile:

Thanks for looking out for me.

When are you booking the ticket for?

Like Ballast... you say the date.. and I am game...... :wink:

Edited by Suvir Saran (log)

well this weekend is tough :smile: i got my eGullet Reality special premiering tomorrow and press shoots all weekend :cool: combined with Topolobampo Saturday night and my sons baptism on Sunday. Realistically, lets shoot for mid Jan on a Saturday...see if you cant arrange Suvir to come to town too...we also have a guest bedroom in our place for you to stay if needed - however, a few walls have Trotter menus framed... :smile:

Edited by awbrig (log)

How many times at Charlie Trotters?  ive mentioned this before a few times and I hate saying it too much because it sounds arrogant...but quite a few times...check out my posts on CT or pm me...

What makes you feel so shy all of a sudden? :shock:

Come out with the number... come on.. you can do it.

mid-january it is; i'm there. i'll even bring cute, kansas-themed gifts for all of you (yes, you too, suvir), like the "evolution is wrong" mudflaps that are so common here, or "the wizard of ozzie" spinoff mugs that MTV has licensed for "the osbournes."

"Get yourself in trouble."

--Chuck Close