• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Brunch In Central Jersey

suzz

This might be considered south central, but Rats in Hamilton has a lovely brunch. The first course is a buffet, loaded iwth shellfish, salads, chartrucerie, breads, grilled vegs, and then the entree is ordered and served to the table. Then, dessert is buffet. I really like the combination. VERy pretty setting, the last Brunch I had there was a wonderful string trio playing.

Did you want "out of the ordinary" as in interesting, unique and not necessarily expensive, or out of the ordinary, as in extraordinary. In the later case I would agree about The Manor and The Hilton at Short Hills, both are excellent, if expensive.

I would also recommend Pierre's in Harding/Morristown. But, I'm not sure if they have a Sunday brunch, I know they have a great lunch buffet, but I'm not sure if they offer it on Sunday, and it isn't expensive.