• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Blue Cheese and Chive Crisps

ElfWorks

Blue Cheese and Chive Crisps

• 2 c blue cheese , crumbled
  • 1/2 c unsalted butter
  • 1 egg
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 2 tsp chopped fresh chives
  • black pepper
  • 2 c all-purpose flour, sifted

Step 1:The day before serving, beat together the cheese and butter until well blended. Add the egg, egg yolk, chives and a little pepper (I do maybe 7 or 8 vigorous turns of the pepper mill) and beat until just blended.

Step 2: Add the flour in three batches, folding in well between each addition.

Step 3: Divide the dough in half and shape each half into a log (I do this on a marble slab to not have to add flour) about 2 inches in diameter. Wrap in waxed paper and chill overnight. Preheat the oven to 375*F. Lightly grease two baking sheets.

Step 4: Cut the doughlogs across into slices about 1/8 inch thick. Place on the prepared baking sheets. Bake for about 10 minutes, until just golden around the edges. Transfer to a wire rack to cool

Keywords: Hors d'oeuvre

( RG1025 )

"Animal crackers and cocoa to drink

That is the finest of suppers, I think

When I'm grown up and can have what I please,

I think I shall always insist upon these"

*Christopher Morley