• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

msacuisine

msacuisine

Accidentally pressed control enter before I was done writing.

So it's been a while since anyone posted to this topic, so I'm going to start it back up again because I got a VM 780 refurb at an incredible discount.

So some of the things I'm thinking of adding to  my smoothie are:

Psyllium powder to get fiber without the calories that would come from oats.

Caffeine pill because I'm going to replace my morning coffee with a smoothie and I don't want to deal with the headaches. I may gradually taper down.  

Zanthum for thickening because a family member is allergic to bananas.

Protein powder.

Does anyone have any advice about using the ingredients that haven't been mentioned yet in the thread.

msacuisine

msacuisine

So it's been a while since anyone posted to this topic, so I'm going to start it back up again because I got a VM 780 refurb at an incredible discount.

So some of the things I'm thinking of adding to  my smoothie are:

Psyllium powder to get fiber without the calories that would come from oats.

Caffeine pill because I'm going to replace my morning coffee with a smoothie and I don't want to deal with the headaches. I may gradually taper down.  

Zanthum for thickening because a family member is allergic to bananas.