• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Plymouth PA Kielbasa Festival

Holly Moore

Someone put me onto the Plymouth PA Kielbasa Festival. There are a bunch of German butchers in the area that make fresh and smoked kielbasa and both serve it at the festival and enter it in a contest. There's a parade, Kielbasa Man character, Elvis impersonator and polka bands. Seems like going back in time fifty years

The festival link is kinda weak but there is a schedule of events and, at the bottom of the video and photos page, the YouTube link (Go Meat! 2008 Plymouth Kielbasa Festival) that convinced me to put it on my calendar.

Holly Moore

"I eat, therefore I am."

HollyEats.Com

Twitter

In years past, I have attended this event. It is a fun time with lots of good meat products. a typical small town fair, but with plenty of kielbasa as the main event.

It has been 15 years or so since I was there, but I doubt it has changed much. I'm sure you will enjoy it, Holly

Edited by lancastermike (log)