• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Wine dinner

chopjwu12

Just wanted everyone to know there will be another wine dinner novenber 4th i believe. Its on a monday. The chehalem(sp) winery will be the point of focus. I think they are based out of washington or oregon i cant remember. But i have tried some of there wines and find them quite good. But like i said just wanted everyone to know.

Just wanted everyone to know there will be another wine dinner novenber 4th i believe. Its on a monday. The chehalem(sp) winery will be the point of focus. I think they are based out of washington or oregon i cant remember. But i have tried some of there wines and find them quite good.

This winery is from the Wilamette Valley in Oregon, and was featured on "FoodNation with Bobby Flay" on the Food Network Tuesday night. Alas we won't be able to attend this dinner. :sad:

Speaking of Oregon wine... After visiting doctors in New York yesterday (yeah, more surgery to come ), we stumbled upon a wine shop on 67th Street that was having a complimentary tasting of Henry Estate wines, from south of the Wilamette. Boy, were they great! :smile:

(And yes, November 4th is a Monday, the day before Election Day...)

i haven't given much thought about an egullet dinner at my place. How would one go about doing this. Im sure we would be able to do it i would just need a date and a some info from everyone. It would probably have to be on a tuesday wednesday or thursday because we are kind of busy on the weekends. Just let me know what you guys want and i will be glad to look into it for everyone.

well what day of the week would be best for people? i would rather it be on a tuesday, wednesday, or thursday, Fridays are doable though. What day would be best for everyone? Novenber 21 looks preety good. But maybe decenber would be better for everyone. It doesn't matter to me because ill be cooking!!!!!