• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sichuan Cuisine Restaurant

At Lo Sichuan, the dumplings and the Sichuan ravioli are different from each other. The ravioli is very thin-skinned, and the Sichuan ravioli soup they serve is good, but quite pungent (I like it). The dumpling skin is medium thickness.

At Seven Stars, the dumpling skin is very thick.

I thought the two hot pots were quite comparable, but it's Lo Sichuan by a nose for me. I actually like the peanut sauce better at Lo Sichuan too.

We order lunches from Lo Sichuan at work all the time. You need a person who reads Mandarin to figure out who gets what (they don't write in English on the takeout boxes), and be sure that you actually have everything you ordered before you leave the restaurant.

I just want to make sure we're talking about the same place. The one I mentioned is the Sichuanese Cuisine Restaurant on 1048 S. Jackson - is that the same one you call Lo Sichuan? These spellings are driving me crazy. :wacko: The person who organized this lunch has gotten menus posted up and they're in English, however. That makes me think we're talking about different places.

I just want to make sure we're talking about the same place. The one I mentioned is the Sichuanese Cuisine Restaurant on 1048 S. Jackson - is that the same one you call Lo Sichuan?

Yes, Sichuanese Cuisine Restaurant and Lo Sichuan are the same restaurant.

"Save Donald Duck and Fuck Wolfgang Puck."

-- State Senator John Burton, joking about

how the bill to ban production of foie gras in

California was summarized for signing by

Gov. Schwarzenegger.

I'd like to go back to Seven Stars and try some of their other dishes. They had fresh crab on the special board for $13.99!

Definitely do! Everything we've had from there has been good to great. When they say 5-stars spicy, they mean it. :biggrin:

~A

Anita Crotty travel writer & mexican-food addictwww.marriedwithdinner.com