• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

Kou rou isn't Zhuang, though. It originated among the Hakka people.

The Guangxi version is slightly different in that the slices of pork belly are interleaved with slices of taro, whereas the original uses mustard greens.

Personally, I can't stand the stuff. Too fatty for me. Although, I may steal the odd piece of taro, seriously annoying mother-in-law who insists that you must eat the pork and the taro together.

By the way, she will severely disagree with you that the Nanning place does the best in Guangxi. As the whole world knows - she does! :rolleyes:

liuzhou

liuzhou

Kou rou isn't really Zhuang, though. It originated among the Hakka people.

The Guangxi version is slightly different in that the slices of pork belly are interleaved with slices of taro, whereas the original uses mustard greens.

Personally, I can't stand the stuff. Too fatty for me. Although, I may steal the odd piece of taro, seriously annoying mother-in-law who insists that you must eat the pork and

the taro together.

By the way, she will severely disagree with you that the Nanning place does the best in Guangxi. As the whole world knows - she does! :rolleyes:

liuzhou

liuzhou

Kou rou isn't really Zhuang, though. It originated among the Hakka people.

Personally, I can't stand the stuff. Too fatty for me. Although, I may steal the odd piece of taro, seriously annoying mother-in-law who insists that you must eat the pork and the taro together.

By the way, she will severly disagree with you that the Nanning place does the best in Guangxi. As the whole world knows - she does! :rolleyes: