• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Available Hiromoto HC"s

yeti

I found some still remaining Hiromoto HC's still in stock at Hida Tool. It seems a lot of people were sorry to see these carbon steel gyutos disappear, so I wanted to let you know they, Hida Tool, still have some up on their site, and in stock.

mine:

gallery_58297_5670_46786.jpg

"It's like Betty Crocker and Charles Manson had a love child" - Anthony Bourdain

Yeah, these are really really good knives. Hard to pass one up at $55 for a 240mm gyuto. Hidatools site is kind of hard to get around. If you find the cuterly page and select the Chef's knives, they call it "Hiromoto Brand All Steel Meat Chef Knife". I've had mine for years and it's still a fun knife to use. It's on the right in the pic.

BTW, I think nHidatool is the only place that still has engraved kanji rather than printed left in stock. Better hurry.

gallery_22252_4789_13289.jpg

My Photography: Bob Worthington Photography

My music: Coronado Big Band

The Hiromoto HCs are gone for the most part. Place an order last night for a 210 and a petty. Called them this morning to complete the order and was told both were out of stock. Not to be restocked. They had a 300mm, way to big and a 180mm which would be small for me. NS-10 stainless still very much available.

That is why I kept it under my hat until the 270 was in my hot lil paws. :rolleyes: Knew there just couldn't be many left. I hope the last were bought up by a few forums members.

"It's like Betty Crocker and Charles Manson had a love child" - Anthony Bourdain