• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Philly Beer Week

Tim Dolan

Oh ya gotta make the Smoke 'Em event, Katie, even for just a few sips and nibbles. I'll be there, one of the few events, along with the Pilsner festival at Triumph on 3/12 and Friday The Firkinteenth at the Grey Lodge the next day, that I'll be attending. On the 13th, there will actually be a free shuttle between Yards and the Grey Lodge, so that beer geeks can get to both events, relatively worry-free. No, I will not be driving it.

I did attend the Upstate Pa Beers event at the GL on Sunday, which I've described both in the Beer Forum and on my blog. It was a terrific event.

Edited by Rich Pawlak (log)

Rich Pawlak

Reporter, The Trentonian

Feature Writer, INSIDE Magazine
Food Writer At Large

MY BLOG: THE OMNIVORE

"In Cerveza et Pizza Veritas"

Rich:

Much as I'd love to, starting to drink at 11AM and then going to work at 4PM is just a bad idea on so many levels. But mostly because I'll already be tired from getting up early (for me, at least) the day before for a cocktail photo shoot I have to do.

I don't drink or eat red meat early in the day if I have to function. Both things make me comatose and effectively useless if done before noon.

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol