• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

goin to charlotte

ChefSwartz

any recommendations for dinner? something tasty and different preferred

The complexity of flavor is a token of durable appreciation. Each Time you taste it, each time it's a different story, but each time it's not so different." Paul Verlaine

Charlotte, NC or VA?  If NC we hit a place called Lulu's and enjoyed it so much the first night that we returned the next.

Virginia's is Charlottesville. Here in Charlotte, we call it the CH-factor: There's Charleston, S.C., Charleston, W.Va., Charlottesville, Va., and Charlotte, N.C. Of course, Charlotte's civic goal is to gain enough national prominence to be the only one known as just "Charlotte" - no N.C. required.

Kathleen Purvis, food editor, The Charlotte (NC) Observer

Thx & sorry KP. I do not know why I forget the "ville" in Virginia's but I do that all the time. I will make a mental note (but will probably forget by the time I get home).

btw, you are the one who recommended Lulu's to us in the first place. We had such a good time in Charlotte we are looking forward to returning.

in loving memory of Mr. Squirt (1998-2004)--

the best cat ever.