• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Raw, beetroot marinated monkfish

Chufi

I have this recipe that I copied from a magazine a long time ago, that I want to try this weekend. It´s a piece of monkfish, marinated in a mixture of beetroot juice, lemon juice and olive oil (for 12 hours), then sliced very thinly and served raw. The beetroot juice penetrates the fish with a dramatic pink color (and adds flavor ofcourse).

I only wrote down this part of the recipe, not what to do with the fish. I need some ideas for what to serve them with/ how to serve it, as a a starter.. Some sort of salad seems obvious, but what else?

Edited by Chufi (log)

Hmmmm

I see it on a thin slice of pumpernickel bread with cucumbers and raw onion

or arranged over rice

tracey

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association