• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Claudia Fleming's Chocolate Tart Recipe

audrey551

Question: Can this recipe be baked then frozen? or should I just prepare it and then freeze it before baking?

please be more specific regarding which recipe. if you're talking about the one with caramel on the bottom which is topped with ganache...i don't think it would freeze well. the caramel will probably not fare well with freezing and defrosting.

Question: Can this recipe be baked then frozen? or should I just prepare it and then freeze it before baking?

please be more specific regarding which recipe. if you're talking about the one with caramel on the bottom which is topped with ganache...i don't think it would freeze well. the caramel will probably not fare well with freezing and defrosting.

Sorry, it is just the dough part I am talking about. I use this recipe for making the bottom of my Black Forest Cake. I have to make two cakes in early July for a wedding party and I will be away for a short period not having time to make and prepare everything.

if you're talking dough, then the dough can be made and frozen...unbaked. i don't think i'd bake it and freeze it just because of flavor absorption (sp?) and stuff in the freezer.

but you can make the dough, roll it and cut it so that it is ready to be baked and then freeze...then all you have to do is pop it in the oven. freshly baked is always nice!