• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sign in to follow this  
Trishiad

Notter School Pastry Program

I just got email from www.notterschool.com announcing their new 24 week pastry course. It's in Florida and is just under $18,000. Taught by Notter, Anil Rohira and celebrity guests. I met Chef Rohira in Maryland last year and really liked him. He is an easy personality and wants to share information and help his students succeed.

Well I was waiting for Notter School to jump into longer full courses. I am glad they are too...I think they are going to begin to work their way up to an extremely highly respected Pastry School.....I am excited to see how it goes...

Is it really only 18,000? Well to anyone out there who thinks that looks like a big number then don't...good culinary schools are charging an average of probably 28-30,000 for their baking and pastry degree's right now...so 18,000 is fantastic, especially for the quality of the instructors that work at that school...

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By melmck
      I am searching for a natural source of food colorings, to tint buttercream, & use in chocolate work. I don't like commercial FC, it is synthetic and toxic to boot. Has anyone found a good source/vendor who has naturally derived colorings
    • By Pastrypastmidnight
      Does anyone have a chewy chocolate caramel recipe they love? One that holds its shape but can be cut on a guitar? The recipes I’ve tried have either been not very chocolate-y or suuuuuuuper stiff. Like, I bruised the palm of my hand cutting them stiff :(. 

Or or even if you can just point me in the direction of some theory, that would be great!
    • By pastrygirl
      A mistake was made with my Albert Uster order this week and I received it twice.  Since it's shipped from CA, doesn't go bad, and I'll use it eventually, I'm not going to mess with trying to return the second delivery.  But now I have a huge amount of inventory so I thought I'd see if anyone here was looking for Felchlin by the bag. 

Each bag is 2kg (4# 7oz) in the following varieties and prices:

Maracaibo Creole 49%, $48
      Sao Palme 60%, $30
      Arriba 72%, $46

As for shipping, I can fit 2 bags in a medium flat rate box for $14 or 3 bags in a large box for $19 to go anywhere in the USA.  

If you'd like some, PM me with your selection, email, and shipping address.  I'll invoice you via Square and you can pay securely online with a credit card.

Thanks for reading!
    • By artiesel
      THE BOOKS ARE SOLD

I have Volumes 1 ,2 and 4 of Jean-Pierre Wybauw's Great Chocolate books are for sale.

The books are in great shape!  There is some tape on the corner of the front of volume 1 that I used to keep it together after a drop.  Volume 1 is also autographed by the author (See pics below).

I'm asking $150 for the lot OBO.

Let me know if interested or if you have questions

• By artiesel
      Hello,

My question is this...  Is there a company that manufactures an automated machine capable of wrapping cube-shaped caramels and chocolates???  And would such a machine also be capable of wrapping large (3-4 oz.) rectangular chocolate bars or would such a product require a flow wrapping machine?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks