• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Rockland/Scuitate Restaurants?

tautog

I am looking for a relatively inexpensive and casual place for plain but tasty seafood in the Scuitate area that is open in late April. A group of us are doing a cod charter in the area next weekend and will be too tired to travel very far. Thanks in advance

I recommend The Satuit in Scituate harbor. I grew up in Scituate and this is the place I go to for seafood every time that I'm in town for a visit. It's a casual, townie type of restaurant where I always run into someone I went to high school with. The lobster roll is fantastic. You can also order deep fried lobster, which does not appear on the menu. It is chunks of sweet lobster meat fried and served in a grilled hot dog bun like a lobster roll. Have one for me!

• 3 weeks later...

Never made it. First day, Fri, was so rainy that we didn't feel like a 20 minute drive in the dark. Next day we were too tired after a marathon 5:00am-6:30pm trip. Anyone have a similiar recommendation for Quincy? We are only doing a few half day trips so hopefully we'll have the energy to actually go somewhere this time.