• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sunday Brunch With T.V.

adanzig

Traveling to Vancouver this weekend (from Portland) to watch my beloved Red Wings take on the Canucks and am in search of a Sunday brunch venue where my traveling companion will be able to partake in March Madness (a.k.a. watch hoops on t.v. while we dine).

We were planning on Aurora until I learned that a) they don't serve Sunday brunch any longer and b) our dining experience must include a television. :wacko:

I'd actually like a meal that's somewhat inventive (or at the very least has a benedict offering on the menu) but understand that given the circumstances, beggars can't be choosers. Could anything possibly fit the bill? We're staying at the Marriott but will have a car. Thanks!

This is Canada, eh...I don't think we don't watch basketball here :smile: Besides, Curling and Figures Skating are on Sunday morning.

But you could try

AZURE LOUNGE & GRILL

IN THE PLAZA OF NATIONS

770 PACIFIC BLVD

VANCOUVER B.C.

V6B 5E7

604-633-1611

www.azuregrill.com

I have never been there, but they do have a big TV and one of the guys I work with says it's good. Of course he eats corned beef out of a tin for lunch every day, so what does he know.

Don't try to win over the haters. You're not the jackass whisperer."

Scott Stratten

any of the casual dining places in town will have TV's showing the NCAA if you ask. Earl's, Brown's in Yaletown. On Robson Street there is a new place called '72. There are flat screens at every booth so you are sure to get the games you want to watch. Recent reviews were favourable. It is on the north side of Robson in the 1000 block. I hope this helps. Go Razorbacks and go Canucks.

Tim Keller

Rare Restaurant

tim@rarevancouver.com

Metro Restaurant

timkeller@metrodining.ca

Don't be that mortified. TV is often a requirement of weekend brunching for my husband, and definitely during March Madness. Downtown Milestone's in Yaletown or on Robson has a sizeable and reasonably passable brunch menu (lots of benny options) every day and TVs at the bar - I like their brunch better than Brown's, and I'm not sure if Earls does brunch. Beyond, the new restaurant in the Century Plaza on Burrard also has a multi-screen lounge and a couple benny and other egg options on Sundays.

Most places will be willing to accommodate TV station requests from bar patrons.

Laura Fauman

Vancouver Magazine

Bardot's on Pacific next to Marinaside does brunch (decent and inventive Benny's) and they have several widescreen tv's.

Cheers,

Stephen

Edited by SBonner (log)

"who needs a wine list when you can get pissed on dessert" Gordon Ramsey Kitchen Nightmares 2005

MY BLOG

On Robson Street there is a new place called '72. There are flat screens at every booth so you are sure to get the games you want to watch.

Flatscreens at EVERY booth??? I may have to check this place out on Sunday when the Canucks are on pay per view.