• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Trattoria Fresco, Caldwell 7/16

adegiulio

So summer is here and its time for some dining under the stars. Any interest for an eGullet event? Ideas? Interest? Suggestions? Bueller??

"It's better to burn out than to fade away"-Neil Young

"I think I hear a dingo eating your baby"-Bart Simpson

Put it together Tommy. I've been wanting to try it too...

FatCat...we still didn't finish the film on that little disposable camera. We have a digital camera that I am so used to using for everything, I keep forgetting about the disposable one. I promise I will finish the roll this weekend and get them developed, scanned, and online..

Count me in! Last two have been lots of fun. :wink:

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

I'd be interested too.. It's not far from where I am here in Verona. Then again another Rutts Hutt outing would be fun, especially on a Tuesday night when they have the car show in the lot.

How does everyone feel about Cafe Matisse?

It used to be one of my favorites. The last time I dined there was during the holiday season, and I was slightly dissapointed. Though it is possible that it was just an off night. I haven't been back since that time.

They do have a beautiful outdoor patio.

I was there a few years ago on a lot of recommendations. Was thoroughly underwhelmed and haven't been back....but I am game for anything...

After reading the thread on Trattoria Fresco in Caldwell, my mouth is watering. I think this is a good option.

When are you looking to do this dinner? I would be willing to contribute towards having Mark Skanga play for us again - He helped to make our Village Green dinner very enjoyable.

i found that the 17 bottles of wine helped make our Village Green dinner very enjoyable.

Are you implying you didnt like Mark Sganga? :biggrin:

I'd be happy to give Mark a call...

Who wants to get this thing organized?

i found that the 17 bottles of wine helped make our Village Green dinner very enjoyable.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

And I just loved Mark's music--very talented guy!!! Maybe he could be our official eG troubador? :smile:

Wanted to float this back to the top...any dates y'all want to throw out? I'd be game for a Thurs or Fri night if it's in the first week of July. Away 7/10-15 and again 7/27 for a few days.

Antnee? Tommy? Fatcat?

We're always good to go...just name a date and chances are very good we can do it...

i think thursday works for us. weekends, and, by extension, fridays, are all kindza effed up.

since ant-nee handed me the torch, i'll admit that i've done no thinking whatsoever, since he didn't really ask me or anything. :wink:

i do think matisse isn't such a bad idea, but that's only because i don't have a better one.

since ant-nee handed me the torch, i'll admit that i've done no thinking whatsoever, since he didn't really ask me or anything. :wink:

Oh jeez....I can do it if you don't want to... :biggrin:

Whats the preference between Cafe Matisse and Trat. Fresco??

I for one would like to try Fresco...

I haven't been to either!

July is pretty open for me. Any Thursday or Friday would be fine.

Of course if we bring 17 bottles of wine again, I would prefer a Friday night so I can sleep in a little the next day :wacko:

Since I have already been to Cafe Matisee, I wouldn't mind trying a new place. Trattoria Fresco sounds good. Does anyone know what their outdoor seating arrangements are?

Fresco it is...I"ll swing by tonight to scope out the outdoor seating area and to talk to them about a party. Attendees right now are:

Me and Amy

Mr. and Mrs. Tommy

FatCat and Rob?

Curlz

oops, missed NJ2FLA....how many do you think will come with you?

What night? I hear a vote for Friday...Any other input here?

A

Edited by adegiulio (log)

by the way, does anyone know how to edit the topic title. I'd like to change it to reflect the fact that we actually chose a place... :smile: