• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Training Films

chow guy

The FOH training films I've seen, are not very good. I'm thinking of producing my own. I'd love to get any insights or information you might have about producing a FOH trainning and saftey film. Has anyone done one? How much did it cost? Any warnings, amusing anecdotes or advice? Many Thanks.

The FOH training films I've seen, are not very good. I'm thinking of producing my own. I'd love to get any insights or information you might have about producing a FOH trainning and saftey film. Has anyone done one? How much did it cost? Any warnings, amusing anecdotes or advice? Many Thanks.

i recommend you not make one like this.

(that's a youtube link to the infamous 1980s wendy's old school rap training video)

i recommend you not make one like this.

(that's a youtube link to the infamous 1980s wendy's old school rap training video)

That rapper is my hero...

The video is actually pretty good at making you remember all the steps. I don't think I've ever seen less appetizing burgers than the ones he made though.

I agree, the video is actually very good. The steps are all there, including checking to make sure "the meat is gray and moist" YUM! The most important tip I gleaned was: Present information at a level your students will understand and maybe even enjoy. Thanks for the link..