• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Gardens of Avila/SycamoreSprings/SLO

syrah girl

We are considering taking a drive to SLO to the Sycamore Springs Resort for a soak in one of their mineral water hot tubs. Dinner at the resort's restaurant sounds nice, is it good and what do they do best for those who have been here?

If everything looks good, we are considering giving a stay here to our son and his wife for a Christmas gift. All opinions welcome! :)

there's a decent place at the end of the avila beach pier called the old port inn (or olde porte inne ... i'm not sure). good seafood (much of which you can see being unloaded on the pier) and good local wine list. if you go a little further north, you're at morro bay and there are some good seafood places there, too. still a little further north and off the 101, there's a nice little beach town called cayucos. good restaurant called Hoppe's. keep an eye out for abalone at these places ... there's a very good local aquaculture project. it's still very pricey.

there's a decent place at the end of the avila beach pier called the old port inn (or olde porte inne ... i'm not sure). good seafood (much of which you can see being unloaded on the pier) and good local wine list. if you go a little further north, you're at morro bay and there are some good seafood places there, too. still a little further north and off the 101, there's a nice little beach town called cayucos. good restaurant called Hoppe's. keep an eye out for abalone at these places ... there's a very good local aquaculture project. it's still very pricey.

http://www.oldeportinn.com/

Here's the link to the Olde Port Inn restaurant.

Russell J. Wong aka "rjwong"

Food and I, we go way back ...