• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Murphy's Pub

I was looking for a decent French Dip in Wallingford (the one had the Rusty Pelican is horrid) and I noticed that Murphy's Pub has one. Before spending any money I thought I'd ask if anyone has been to Murphy's to eat.

"Homer, he's out of control. He gave me a bad review. So my friend put a horse head on the bed. He ate the head and gave it a bad review! True Story." Luigi, The Simpsons

I'll have to give the Dock a try as it's only 8 blocks from my apartment at 42nd & Stone Way.

"Homer, he's out of control. He gave me a bad review. So my friend put a horse head on the bed. He ate the head and gave it a bad review! True Story." Luigi, The Simpsons

I was looking for a decent French Dip in Wallingford (the one had the Rusty Pelican is horrid) and I noticed that Murphy's Pub has one.  Before spending any money I thought I'd ask if anyone has been to Murphy's to eat.

I used to love eating at Murphy's Pub; however, since the owner changed, the food as not been up to par. I used to love their Philly Cheese Steak sandwich and the French Dip. It has been several months since I have been back so maybe they have gotten better at the bar food fare. It's worth giving it one shot.

Good luck!

I'll have to give the Dock a try as it's only 8 blocks from my apartment at 42nd & Stone Way.

Speaking of Docks, I really liked the burger I had at teh Dock St Burger Company located inside of Lenny's Tavern in Tangletown, also not that far from Wallingford.

Rocky