• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Bremerton Eats

Hi Everyone ---

I got a day off, YAY!

Amber is on a dig this week and is staying in Bremerton. SHE thinks that I am going to sit around in my underwear and play Golf on the X-Box all day, however, since Bremerton is a short Ferry ride away, I thought I would surprise her tonight and meet her over there.

She is there with work folks, and is expected to eat with them, so are there any suggestions on good, down home places to eat?

(Most of her crew are just barely college grads and aren't making much...)

Thanks!

~Jason

"So, do you want me to compromise your meal for you?" - Waitress at Andy's Diner, Dec 4th, 2004.

The Fat Boy Guzzle --- 1/2 oz each Jack Daniels, Wild Turkey, Southern Comfort, Absolut Citron over ice in a pint glass, squeeze 1/2 a lemon and top with 7-up...Credit to the Bar Manager at the LA Cafe in Hong Kong who created it for me on my hire. Thanks, Byron. Hope you are well!

http://bloatitup.com

Hi Everyone ---

I got a day off, YAY!

Amber is on a dig this week and is staying in Bremerton. SHE thinks that I am going to sit around in my underwear and play Golf on the X-Box all day, however, since Bremerton is a short Ferry ride away, I thought I would surprise her tonight and meet her over there.

She is there with work folks, and is expected to eat with them, so are there any suggestions on good, down home places to eat?

(Most of her crew are just barely college grads and aren't making much...)

Thanks!

~Jason

Oh wow, I get to answer a question about Bremerton. A food question, no less. :biggrin:

The best down-home going on in Bremerton is Posey's, on Wheaton near Sheridan. They are doing southern cooking, and they know their way around a fryer.

The only other places that I could even recommend are Augustino, which is Meditarannean (sp?), and that Italian place in Mannette, but both may be pricier than what you are looking at.

Now, can you tell me something about this dig business?

Oil and potatoes both grow underground so french fries may have eventually invented themselves had they not been invented -- J. Esther

Oh, and the pizza is excellent at Tony's on Kitsap Way, even if all the other food is mediocre. It also has a pretty view of Rocky Point.

Oil and potatoes both grow underground so french fries may have eventually invented themselves had they not been invented -- J. Esther

I'm good on pizza, thanks! ROTFLOL :laugh: :laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I'm gonna be campaigning HARD for Posey's...Ummmm....Southern....

Actually, I think the did is in Gig Harbor, they are just staying inBremerton. Some road is going in, and they need to do a survey first.

Thanks!

~Jason

"So, do you want me to compromise your meal for you?" - Waitress at Andy's Diner, Dec 4th, 2004.

The Fat Boy Guzzle --- 1/2 oz each Jack Daniels, Wild Turkey, Southern Comfort, Absolut Citron over ice in a pint glass, squeeze 1/2 a lemon and top with 7-up...Credit to the Bar Manager at the LA Cafe in Hong Kong who created it for me on my hire. Thanks, Byron. Hope you are well!

I'm good on pizza, thanks! ROTFLOL

Duh, How could I forget :smile:

I'm good on pizza, thanks! ROTFLOL

Duh, How could I forget :smile:

I thought it was HI-Larious! Thanks for the smile!

Hmmm...Amber out of town....Sounds like there is an Agog w/ extra Roast Garlic in my future...I so feel sorry for our dog, Olivia, and her keen canine sense of smell... :raz::laugh:

~Jason

I hope Posey's did well for you. If they are going to be in town much longer, Q's BBQ farther up Wheaton Way, near the Jack In the Box, is good, but has very limited seating. Good BBQ, great beans, and southern style ice tea.