• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Interesting way to buy wine...

Graphix

i did a search and didnt find anything, but for those of you who know Woot.com there is also a Wine.Woot.com where each week they put up deals on a new set of wines from a vineyard...

The thing i found really interesting is the discusions (forum) for each weeks deal, and the fact that vintners and owners were dropping by to answer questions about their wine.

the quality of wines will vary greatly on the site im guessing, but im sure if you check it enough you will find a few gems.

I picked up one of this weeks deals just on the fact alone that the vintners and owners would take the time to come online and answer peoples questions and for 60$ for 4 bottles its not really breaking the bank.

enjoy

Brendan

Edited by Graphix (log)

It is a really fun concept! RadCru is also offering wines on the same concept.

I'd like to get one of our wines into either, but unfortunately both firms insist on calling us to yak up the concept, and I just don't have time for that right now. Eats into my board time. :laugh:

Mary Baker

Solid Communications

Find me on Facebook