• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Michigan Cab Franc

djsexyb

i am an avid lover of cab franc and have been hearing raving reviews that michigan, especially the Lake Michigan Shores AVA is supposed to produce fabulous wine from these grapes. has anyone tried such produces as tabor hill, st. julien, karma vista, circle farm etc?

here is the michigan wine trail link if you guys would like to check it out...

http://miwinetrail.com/

mike

Grand Cru Productions

Private High End Dinners and Personal Chef Service

in Chicago, Illinois

For more information email me at:

grandcruproductions@hotmail.com

wow, i thought i would get at least one person that may have tried wine(s) from michigan. well, i was digging around a friend's cellar and he had a bottle of

2002 Karma Vista Coloma Sol, which is a 80% Chardonnay 20% Vydal Blanc blend. unoaked, unfiltered and unfined. very nice varietal flavor with hints of grapefruit, and other citrus. good mouth feel, possibly i little thin mid-palate but a nice smooth, fairly long finish. drink now.

still looking for cab franc examples though....

Edited by djsexyb (log)

Grand Cru Productions

Private High End Dinners and Personal Chef Service

in Chicago, Illinois

For more information email me at:

grandcruproductions@hotmail.com

I miss St. Julian and didn't even know they were doing a cab franc. Yet another reason to return.

Judy Jones aka "moosnsqrl"

Sharing food with another human being is an intimate act that should not be indulged in lightly.

M.F.K. Fisher