• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Early Prix Fixe

CanadianBakin'

We are of more limited means than some of you but would still like to try West and some of the other top notch restaurants. I was wondering if anyone has tried the before 6, Early Prix Fixe menus recently?

Don't wait for extraordinary opportunities. Seize common occasions and make them great. Orison Swett Marden

We are of more limited means than some of you but would still like to try West and some of the other top notch restaurants. I was wondering if anyone has tried the before 6, Early Prix Fixe menus recently?

We havn't recently BUT at west the early prix menu was exactly like the "dineout" menu which happens around January. Really good value. I would recommend West and Bluewater anytime. In a way you mind as well do the early prix menu instead of dineout.

"There are two things every chef needs in the kitchen: fish sauce and duck fat" - Tony Minichiello

Hi,

Yes, I tried the West early bird a few months ago, and can highly recommend it.

Food is up to the regular West standard and the portions are a decent size; the service is impeccable.

Raincity Grill also used to do a $22 3 course early bird between 5 and 6 every evening which was an excellent deal too.

Eliz

Elizabeth

"The only time to eat diet food is while you're waiting for the steak to cook".