• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Wink (wink?)

fud

I went a couple of weeks ago and I thought it wasn't bad. The food is plain - in a good way. I hate the pseudo-morrocan-tofu-suprise school of vegetarian food. I had a grilled pear and cheese sandwich - very good clean flavors, and a blandish pasta salad - you may want to keep the salt shaker near by. Vegatarian chocolate cake was not as successful.

It is a nice little room and really enthusiastic staff. The guy serving us tried to convince us that the carob-fondue at Foundation would cure us of our chocolate cravings and show that carob was clearly superior to chocolate. He was lucky Ling was not in the room - you ever see a girl beat up a guy - not pretty.

I went a couple of weeks ago and I thought it wasn't bad.  The food is plain - in a good way.  I hate the pseudo-morrocan-tofu-suprise school of vegetarian food.  I had a grilled pear and cheese sandwich - very good clean flavors, and a blandish pasta salad - you may want to keep the salt shaker near by.  Vegatarian chocolate cake was not as successful.

It is a nice little room and really enthusiastic staff. The guy serving us tried to convince us that the carob-fondue at Foundation would cure us of our chocolate cravings and show that carob was clearly superior to chocolate.  He was lucky Ling was not in the room - you ever see a girl beat up a guy - not pretty.

Carob Fondue? Sounds like an item off the menu from Purgatory.

Zuke

"I used to be Snow White, but I drifted."

--Mae West

The guy serving us tried to convince us that the carob-fondue at Foundation would cure us of our chocolate cravings and show that carob was clearly superior to chocolate.   He was lucky Ling was not in the room - you ever see a girl beat up a guy - not pretty.

BLASPHEMY!

Heading down there with my baseball bat right now...I'll show that whack job a thing or two...

And did he explain what made the chocolate cake "vegetarian"? Do they use oil instead of butter? :hmmm: