• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Americans Prefer Wine to Beer

Rebel Rose

It was the Gallup Poll that shocked the drinking world -- and it has beermakers crying in their suds.

For the first time in more than a decade of Gallup polling, just as many Americans ID'd wine as their drink of choice as beer.

10 reasons wine beats beer (and vice versa)

Mary Baker

Solid Communications

Find me on Facebook

6. Beer doesn't need a movie about two losers (Sideways) to increase its popularity.

Strange Brew is much older than Sideways...

I always attempt to have the ratio of my intelligence to weight ratio be greater than one. But, I am from the midwest. I am sure you can now understand my life's conundrum.

Well, the top tem lists in the Miami Herald article are pure fluff. But I am very surprised by the Gallop Poll results. I'd be more interested in knowing what the wording of the polling questions were.

I suppose there are a number of contributing factors, not the least of which is the press about red wine being good for you, and the Boomers looking to do what they can to extend their quality of life.

We cannot employ the mind to advantage when we are filled with excessive food and drink - Cicero