• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

1 hour ago, Smithy said:

If you've looked at the prices on the menu, you can see that the place isn't really cheap...

On the pricing, I rarely go out to restaurants so I'm no judge but I think everything has gotten really expensive, especially for small places that can't take advantage of big corporate purchasing contracts. 

I recently saw a mention of a new Korean restaurant in Ventura and was sort of shocked at the menu prices.

A "small bite" kimchi pancake: $13.45. Kimchi fried rice: $15.75 plus $4 if you want to add beef or $3.50 for pork.  Fruit drinks like mango-ade: $8.25.  Adds up!

Edited to add that it's a "fast-casual" place where you order at a touch-screen kiosk and pick up your food and utensils at a counter in the back. 

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

1 hour ago, Smithy said:

If you've looked at the prices on the menu, you can see that the place isn't really cheap...

On the pricing, I rarely go out to restaurants so I'm no judge but I think everything has gotten really expensive, especially for small places that can't take advantage of big corporate purchasing contracts. 

I recently saw a mention of a new Korean restaurant in Ventura and was sort of shocked at the menu prices.

A "small bite" kimchi pancake: $13.45. Kimchi fried rice: $15.75 plus $4 if you want to add beef or $3.50 for pork.  Fruit drinks like mango-are $8.25.  Adds up!

Edited to add that it's a "fast-casual" place where you order at a touch-screen kiosk and pick up your food and utensils at a counter in the back. 

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

49 minutes ago, Smithy said:

A "small bite" kimchi pancake: $13.45. Kimchi fried rice: $15.75 plus $4 if you want to add beef or $3.50 for pork.  Fruit drinks like mango-are $8.25.  Adds up!