• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Margaret Pilgrim

Margaret Pilgrim

Read these posts to DH.    He says to tell you that we lived in El Paso, compliments of SSS, roughly during the time of Bobbins' song, but it was historical even then.      No horses, heavy traffic even then.   We lived off Dyer, just below Mt. Franklin.   Temp ranged from 108F to -8F.    I taught phonics to kids whose vowel pronunciation was distinctly southern, but they became excellent readers.    And spellers.   One little girl came in from the playground to report that a peer was spouting words so bad she couldn't repeat them.   But was proud to spell one, "shiat".    I love phonics.

Margaret Pilgrim

Margaret Pilgrim

Read these posts to DH.    He says to tell you that we lived in El Paso, compliments of SSA, roughly during the time of Bobbins' song, but it was historical even then.      No horses, heavy traffic even then.   We lived off Dyer, just below Mt. Franklin.   Temp ranged from 108F to -8F.    I taught phonics to kids whose vowel pronunciation was distinctly southern, but they became excellent readers.    And spellers.   One little girl came in from the playground to report that a peer was spouting words so bad she couldn't repeat them.   But was proud to spell one, "shiat".    I love phonics.