• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

26 minutes ago, ElsieD said:

My friend got skunked also.  You need a fishing license to fish on the lake and the limit per person is 3 fish.  The first one I caught was the big one.  I caught 2 more, a 2 1/2 pound and a 1 1/2.  My buddy caught only one and it was too small so back into the lake it went.  It was a long time ago and I can't remember what I did with it.  It was cleaned and put in the freezer.  A friend from work brought me an electric saw so I could cut it up.  

My tuna went as extra tip to fishing guys who were very happy to have it. We were in a hotel so too much drama to get it cooked,. But they did dive for conch for me and brought one up. How I wish I'd had them pull flesh and do cevoche style but they thought we wanted the shell for souvenir, Their extraction style was on shore to slam shell into wet sand until body came out It was a pretty shell though and their method did not put any holes in shell. 

heidih

heidih

20 minutes ago, ElsieD said:

My friend got skunked also.  You need a fishing license to fish on the lake and the limit per person is 3 fish.  The first one I caught was the big one.  I caught 2 more, a 2 1/2 pound and a 1 1/2.  My buddy caught only one and it was too small so back into the lake it went.  It was a long time ago and I can't remember what I did with it.  It was cleaned and put in the freezer.  A friend from work brought me an electric saw so I could cut it up.  

My tuna went as extra tip to fishing guys who were very happy to have it. We were in a hotel so too much drama to get it cooked,. But they did dive for conch for me and brought one up. How I wish I'd had them pull flesh and do cevoche style but they thought we wanted the shell for souvenir, Their extraction style was on shore to slam shell into wet sand until body came out It was a pretty shell though.