• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Woodcliff Lake?

Rosie

Any recommendations for a restaurant in the Woodcliff Lake area for a sit down dinner for 50 people?

Rosie--being from the "Lake" I can make some suggestions. Other than the Hilton Hotel, there is no restaurant in WCL that could handle 50--the only eating establishments are Panera's and Blue Moon, currently closed after a fire. In surrounding towns, however, I could recommend the following:

Park Ridge--The Park, Esty Street

Saddle River--Saddle River Inn

Montvale--Aldo and Gianni's, Canton Gourmet

Westwood--The Melting Pot

Ramsey--Cafe Panache

Over the border in NY--Citrus Grille has a room downstairs that could accomodate 50

I'd suggest Seasons, 644 Pascack Rd Washington Twshp 201 664 6164. Although it is a catering hall the food is always excellent and you know that your party size is no problem.

I'm a NYC expat. Since coming to the darkside, as many of my freinds have said, I've found that most good things in NYC are made in NJ.

Any recommendations for a restaurant in the Woodcliff Lake area for a sit down dinner for 50 people?

Rosie--being from the "Lake" I can make some suggestions. Other than the Hilton Hotel, there is no restaurant in WCL that could handle 50--the only eating establishments are Panera's and Blue Moon, currently closed after a fire. In surrounding towns, however, I could recommend the following:

Park Ridge--The Park, Esty Street

Saddle River--Saddle River Inn

Montvale--Aldo and Gianni's, Canton Gourmet

Westwood--The Melting Pot

Ramsey--Cafe Panache

Over the border in NY--Citrus Grille has a room downstairs that could accomodate 50

I agree with the Montval suggestion - Aldo and GIannin is a great place with a real nice group of people who work there. I used to also frequent Citrus Grille quite often and it was delicioous - was a big fan of the crusted chicken, cant remember what is was crusted with though????

Actually though it's not quite in NJ - Mount Fuji :wub: in Hillburn NY (about 2 Miles from Mahwah/Ramsey) can easily seat that and more in their "The Views" room down below the regular restaurant even though I imagine that their regular restaurant could accomodate that as well....

Edited by Anonymouze (log)

Stacey C-Anonymouze@aol.com

*Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads!-G. B. SHAW

JUST say NO... to CENSORSHIP*!

Also member of LinkedIn, Erexchange and DonRockwell.