• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sugarveil icing

JeanneCake

Actually, after I downloaded the pattern, that was the size it printed out as.

Is yours printing tiny?

I'm lucky enough to have Adobe Photoshop on my computer, and I alter my pictures using that program. Do you have any type of graphics or desktop publishing program on your computer?

If you do, open the program, then open the downloaded picture in that program. You should be able to alter the size of it within that application......

Hope that helps..... :wacko:

You can also use paper doilies for their patterns.

I used to use them as stencils for airbrushing a lacy pattern on the top of cakes covered with rolled fondant.

I also would airbrush the fondant when flat on the bench and manipulate it to make the patterns look out of focus, pulled and stretched into odd configurations.

We also used lace borders we bought at a yardage store and some netting I found at a millinary supply place that used to be in Burbank.

The lace could be washed, starched and stretched to dry so it was re-usable.

The number of patterns is staggering.

We did one wedding cake using the same lace as on the bride's dress and veil on the sides of each tier, spraying silver on white. It turned out very nice and we also used the same lace to spray a design on the tops of 500 petit fours that were then finished with candied violets.

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!" Terry Pratchett

Actually, after I downloaded the pattern, that was the size it printed out as.

Is yours printing tiny?

I'm lucky enough to have Adobe Photoshop on my computer, and I alter my pictures using that program. Do you have any type of graphics or desktop publishing program on your computer?

If you do, open the program, then open the downloaded picture in that program. You should be able to alter the size of it within that application......

Hope that helps..... :wacko:

Yes, tiny... only about 4 inches across. I've since figured it out tho'. From their website's pdf document, I was able to plant a "snapshot" of the pattern onto my computer's Clipboard, then re-sized it in MS Word. Thanks for your help -- and for all of your pictures and tutorials. Like everyone else here, I am sooooooo in awe of your work!

Andiesenji, your lacey ideas make me want to run right out and buy an airbrush. Ah, but the $$$... :shock:

Di