• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Fernand Point and his Influence

Really Nice!

PassionateChefsDie,

I'd be grateful to you if, when quoting a private message of mine (which I didn't intend to make public), 1. You warned me first, and 2. You quoted it so that the beginning and ending of the quote is clear to everybody.

Thanks.

Besides, you have asked me to participate further in this discussion, but I am not the right person to do so because I have reached the limits of what I can say on the subject within this very thread. I don't share your passion for the history of cuisine as seen through the history of chefs. I do not think chefs are that important. They are not cuisine, they are only a part of it.

That being, I do not believe Nouvelle Cuisine could be traced to one single event or even one single chef. Start an archaeology of Nouvelle Cuisine and you'll pick up many tracks and end up at the Neolithic, as in any archaeology worthy of the name. However, that the phenomenon in itself started in the 70's under certain circumstances is a fact.

Sorry to offend :sad:

Perfection cant be reached, but it can be strived for!