• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Vancouver Playhouse Internationl Wine Festival

jamiemaw

The Vancouver Playhouse International Wine Festival, one of the world's largest, runs this year from March 14th to 20th and features the wines of South Africa.

You can read all about it here.

This year there will be 117 wineries representing 17 countries. The South African wineries (the very last on the list having easily the best name) are:

African Terroir / Tribal

Bellingham

Beyerskloof

Boekenhoutskloof Farm

De Wetshof Estate

Delheim Wines

Fairview Estates

Fleur Du Cap

Forrester Vineyards

Glen Carlou

Graham Beck Wines

Jardin

Kumala

KWV International

Laborie Wine Estates

MAN Vintners

Meerlust Estates

Morgenhof Wine Estate

Nederburg

Plaisir de Merle

Robertson Winery

Rust en Vrede

Saxenburg Wine Farm

Springfield Estate

Stellenzicht

Swartland Winery

Van Loveren

Vergelegen

Villiera Wines

Warwick Wine Estate

Winery of Good Hope

Edited by jamiemaw (log)

from the thinly veneered desk of:

Jamie Maw

Food Editor

Vancouver magazine

www.vancouvermagazine.com

Foodblog: In the Belly of the Feast - Eating BC

"Profumo profondo della mia carne"

Boekenhoutskloof Farm

Vergelegen

But these two are the most fun to say!! If you see a woman at the Vergelegen table with a stuffed parrot on her shoulder, that would be my mother :laugh:

The last wine fest that I spent a significant amount of time at also had South Africa as the theme and that was 3 years ago now. As far as I was concerned, that show had some of the most interesting wines, and this one promises to be similar. I hear that Vergelegen is touted as one of the best wines of South Africa and distribution is seriously limited (the only stock in the LDB at the moment would be for wine fest) because of small production. I'd love to know if anyone outside of Vancouver has tried it/knows of it.