• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

WTN: David Bruce, Etude, Pine Ridge

GordonCooks

2002 Etude Pinot Noir - Carneros

Manageable tannins, loads of mushroom and fresh berries in specific layers. Balanced but slightly vegetal (but that may be just me) – Very good now but maybe better in a few years

1997 David Bruce – Chalone Vineyard

Lots of dried porcini on the palate (not in a good way) with some cherry and chervil. Tannins were hard but I think more so a lack of fruit. Didn’t get any better after a couple hours – not so hot.

1999 Pine Ridge Cabernet – Rutherford

Good juice! Balanced and supple with lots of currant, dark fruit, humidor and medium tannins. Just a good Cal Cab with a long lingering finish – I’m afraid to open any of my Stag’s Leap.

1999 Pine Ridge Cabernet – Rutherford

Good juice!  Balanced and supple with lots of currant, dark fruit, humidor and medium tannins. Just a good Cal Cab with a long lingering finish – I’m afraid to open any of my Stag’s Leap.

I went to Pine Ridge just yesterday for my blog! I'll be posting full notes in the next day or so, but was pleasantly surprised at the overall quality of all their wines.

I say pleasantly surprised as I am generally not a fan of the overt earthiness of most Stag's Leap District wines... :wacko: