• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Starbucks Chantico

plax

Yup, I had the same thoughts about the sweetness level while I tried my first Chantico a few days ago...........cut the sugar in half, and you've got something.

Fer cryin' out loud, though, why did they have to go and name it something so effete? Just *love* having barristas correct my pronounciation of a beverage that's not European! :angry:

I'm a canning clean freak because there's no sorry large enough to cover the, "Oops! I gave you botulism" regrets.

Fer cryin' out loud, though, why did they have to go and name it something so effete?  Just *love* having barristas correct my pronounciation of a beverage that's not European!  :angry:

are you serious? So...the next time I buy beans at Starbucks, and the cashier asks me if i'd like them "grounded" I'd be within proper courtesy to correct his grammar?

• 2 months later...
I started to feel ill after a couple sips. It was just too much for me. It was like drinking chocolate syrup. Delicious chocolate syrup, but too sweet for a drink. I couldn't drink more than about 1/4 of it.

Ditto, here. :shock:

Frau Farbissma: "It's a television commercial! With this cartoon leprechaun! And all of these children are trying to chase him...Hey leprechaun! Leprechaun! We want to get your lucky charms! Haha! Oh, and there's all these little tiny bits of marshmallow just stuck right in the cereal so that when the kids eat them, they think, 'Oh this is candy! I'm having fun!'"