• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Waiters kneeling down at the table

davebr

Waaay back upthread, there was a comment about touching being from servers of the opposite sex. In my experience the "friendly touching", which happens to me every now and then, has come from female servers... and generally while eye contact is being made with my husband. Perhaps I'm jaded (or perverted) but this makes me assume she has stripper experience and is working my husband for tips rather than she has just taken a sudden liking to me.

I think you can be a perfectly friedly server without either of these transparent tricks. Plus, who wants to spend half your lunch service on your knees? My advice would be to tell your server to knock it off... kneeling is for day care workers, not for wait staff.

What's wrong with peanut butter and mustard? What else is a guy supposed to do when we are out of jelly?

-Dad

Waaay back upthread, there was a comment about touching being from servers of the opposite sex.  In my experience the "friendly touching", which happens to me every now and then, has come from female servers... and generally while eye contact is being made with my husband.  Perhaps I'm jaded (or perverted) but this makes me assume she has stripper experience and is working my husband for tips rather than she has just taken a sudden liking to me.   

I

"Stripper experience?" That's harsh.

I'm on the pavement

Thinking about the government.