• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Top 5 for lunch and dinner in LA

Curlz

A close friend who lives in DC just called to say "I know you can get this info for me...what are the top 5 trendy/great restaurants in LA?!?" He's pitching a movie, and feels that he needs to have this info so he can answer the question of "Where should we have lunch?" when he's out there. Cost doesn't seem to be his concern--he wants to have the knowledge when he's chatting with people out there.

So I'm turning to my fellow eGulleteers--with thanks in advance! :smile:

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

Where is he going to be located or meeting at?...If he really wants to show his knowledge, then have him go some local place like Langers on Alvarado for pastrami...instead of some trendy place....but if he must go trendy there are plenty of places...L.A. is HUGE as far as driving distance so if we know the area he is shooting for we can help more....if its downtown, the Palms is always nice and classy, near the Staples center...

Moo, Cluck, Oink.....they all taste good!

The Hungry Detective

Thanks for these suggestions...sadly, the notification system hasn't been working (that's on the OTHER thread), so I didn't know there had been any replies to my post. THANK YOU!! And feel free to keep 'em coming! I do believe he's going to be downtown, but I'll confirm that.

Curlz

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

Okay, then if in downtown, the place to pitch a movie is R-23; 923 E Second St #109. Really amazing sushi in long a warehouse district classic. Totally minimalist in setting and the perfect spot to wow clients.

Cool! Thank you...I'm forwarding all of these to him. :wub: