• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

October rental in Paris

DRColby

If this is wrong, to post this here, please wipe it out and scold me, but.....

We have been planning an October trip to France and have lost our Paris rental in Gregoire de Tours after three years. We love the area and would like to find another flat ( doesn't matter what floor).

There are two of us and, obviously, we love to cook and eat.

Later in the month we are spending week in the Carcassone area.

Any leads (help) would be appreciated greatly.

Dave

I, too, don't know if this sort of thread is OK, but since I use these enewsletters as sources for restaurant news for the Digest, there is a relationship.

Adrian Leeds, who writes Parler Paris, has a lot of info on apartment rentals and sales. You can subscribe here.

Bonjour Paris is another eweekly that has rentals here.

David Applefield's My Mercredi too.

Finally, Expatica has longer term rental infomation here.

As an aside, all provide other information and are interesting if you want to keep up with what's going on in Paris.

John Talbott

blog John Talbott's Paris

Paris Apartments is a portal-like listing of rental agencies in Paris, most of which have extensive information online about available properties in various parts of the city. (Many listings in English, but for some it helps if you speak a little French, naturally.)

enrevanche <http://enrevanche.blogspot.com>

Greenwich Village, NYC

The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don't want, drink what you don't like, and do what you'd rather not.

- Mark Twain

Try Via Travel Design. They also specialize in arranging "foodie" oriented tours and know an awful lot of restaurants to recommend.

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

My husband and I are also going to Paris in October, and we've rented a marvelous apartment from Paris Best Lodge. Most of them are in Le Marais, and they are all incredibly charming. Thierry, the guy who owns several of the apartments and manages several more for friends of his, has been absolutely terrific so far, and I'm really looking forward to meeting him in person.

We're staying in La Verrerie, although we lusted after the Temple Royale one but it was already booked.

Anyway, Thierry's guestbook is filled with nothing but warm praise for him and his properties, so he's definitely worth a look.