• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

WTN: 2 from Marc Morey

geo t.

2000 Marc Morey Chassagne – Montrachet Les Vergers, $39.99, 13.5% alc.: Much as we remember it from our latest Toledo adventures, this medium straw is showing more of the wet stone – mineral character than it did in February, and less of the tropical fruit, vanilla crème; there’s still plenty of spicy pear here, along with racy acidity that bodes well for further bottle aging, but the oak is less obvious than it was then. While big, bold and delicious, this will be SO much better with some time in the cellar, and I’ll try to keep my hands off for a good five years.

2000 Marc Morey Chassagne – Montrachet En Virondot, $44.99, 13.5% alc.: A pale to medium straw, with matchstick, flint and slate over apple and pear aromatics, this is showing more rich fruit and less of the slate and sulfur in the rich flavors. With zippy acidity and a long finish, it is absolutely delicious, and should only improve over at least the next five years. I’ll never go back to California Chardonnay.

Imported by Robert Kacher Selections, Washington D.C.

Reporting from Day-twah,

geo t.

George Heritier aka geo t.

The Gang of Pour