• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Wine travel Crates

Ripasso

My wife and I are going to Chianti and Florence in September and I am interested in bringing back two cases of wine. I searched the previous threads and I am quite impressed with the knowlege and wisdom of the posters. I believe that the styrofoam/cardboard wine crates are the best way to travel. Does anyone know where they can be purchaesd in Canada.

Thanks for your time and cooperation.

Regards,

Michael

You may see about getting them in Italy as well. When I was in Germany last fall, I was able to purchase to shipping cases (not styrofoam, but doubly thick cardboard used for the same purpose) for one euro each from the owner of a winery. Of course, I bought a fair amount of his wines, so maybe he cut me a deal. :smile:

We cannot employ the mind to advantage when we are filled with excessive food and drink - Cicero