• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Favorite Arlington food?

foodgeek

Everyone always complains about the sides at pollo rico on here, but I think they make really good fries and slaw and look forward to that as well as the chicken. If they started expanding the menu that would only expand the price in my opinion, and that is one of the best selling points

I should start buying my sides at Pollo Super, picking the chicken up at EPR, and eating at home. :)

BTW, we had a nice Peruvian meal at Tia Maria on Wilson near the Ballston mall this weekend. Its a dive, but has good food. I had the goat.

-Jason

Anyone been to Michael’s on Columbia Pike across the street from Rappahannock coffee? It’s a shack at the Giant parking lot and it has hamburgers and such. I haven’t been, only driven by on occasion, and was wondering if it’s a dive with good greasy grub, or a dive to be ignored.

Anyone been to Michael’s on Columbia Pike across the street from Rappahannock coffee? It’s a shack at the Giant parking lot and it has hamburgers and such. I haven’t been, only driven by on occasion, and was wondering if it’s a dive with good greasy grub, or a dive to be ignored.

I haven't. Maybe you acn report back if you try it.

-Jason