• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Westchester County Fishmongers

menton1

I've never purchased food from Eastchester Fish, but the restaurant serves delicious food. I had their Seafood Risotto and enjoyed it immensely.

Anyway, I personally know of three great retail places for fish. Apple Farm in White Plains Turcos, and there's a new place in Hartsdale Village called Hartsdale Farm. Please note that I'm not talking about the little farmer's market that they set up on weekends in front of othe Hartsdale train station. It's an actual store. My grandma loves fish, and shops regularly at Hartsdale Farm - she said the fish is really fresh there. Apple Farm has some serious fish turnover going on, but be warned, it can get really crowded there. Luckily Apple Farm has some lightning speed cashiers. Turcos has a great fish dept in addition to a beautiful cheese dept, oh and their deli too! THey also have speedy cashiers too.

Apple Farm (sorry couldn't find a phone # for you)

37 Tarrytown Road, White Plains NY 10607

Hartsdale Farm 914-725-8371

214 E Hartsdale Ave

Hartsdale, NY 10530

Turco's Super Ranch 914-761-4414

381 N Central Ave

Hartsdale, NY 10530

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Edited by ellencho (log)

Believe me, I tied my shoes once, and it was an overrated experience - King Jaffe Joffer, ruler of Zamunda

Not sure where in Westchester you are, but Mt. Kisco Seafood is excellent.

Mount Kisco Seafood

417 Lexington Ave.

914-241-3113

Very fresh, high volume, high quality, good selection. Minute parking lot, its like playing Tetris to get in and out of there.

And for desert, as you come out of the driveway, turn left, and about 3 doors down, right at the stop light, turn left into LA Tulipe. Better than almost any patisserie in NYC. Honestly.

As previously posted, depending on where you are you may have to drive, but

MT Kisco Seafood

is awesome. I believe that Joe (the owner there) has single-handedly raised the bar on what to expect from a fishmonger in Westchester Co.

I mean lets face it, most Westchester folk expect alot from Manhattan vendors, and are willing to pay, but are fastidious with their $ closer to home, and seem to demand less.

Again, no idea what part of the County is good for you, but when we lived there, Yorktown Seafood in Yorktown Heights, NY was excellent. (914) 245-3474. Wide variety, helpful counter staff, and lovely fish.

I'm a canning clean freak because there's no sorry large enough to cover the, "Oops! I gave you botulism" regrets.